Is it time for a new furnace in your Belgrade, MT home? Perhaps your furnace is well past its estimated lifespan of 15 years, your heating bills are too high, or you’re faced with a costly repair where the money would be better spent going toward a new system.
In addition to the stress of the expense of a new furnace, many homeowners also wonder how long it will take. After all, you can’t be without even a problematic furnace in our cold winter weather, especially if you don’t have a backup source of heat.
If we’re replacing a furnace with a furnace, you can rest assured knowing that the process won’t take too long. Furnace replacement typically takes 4-8 hours depending on the job. Of course, if you’re switching from an electric furnace to a gas furnace, this could take extra time.
Our NATE-certified technicians always strive to make the process as quick as possible without sacrificing a high-quality installation. We know that installation day is the most important day in the life of a furnace. Let’s go over what you can expect on furnace replacement day.
If you’re replacing a furnace with a furnace, accurately sizing the replacement furnace is still a necessary task. For one, if you had your previous furnace installed by another contractor, it wasn’t necessarily sized correctly since this is something that some HVAC companies can get wrong. Also, if you’ve expanded your home, the new square footage will need to be taken into account.
A furnace that isn’t properly sized for a home is a huge mistake and could result in an early furnace replacement. When the furnace is too big, it could cause short cycling and leaks in your ductwork from too much power. When the furnace is too small, then it’s not as powerful as it needs to be and will struggle to heat your home. The result is high energy bills and cold spots throughout the home.
What to Expect on Installation Day
You’ve chosen the perfect furnace and it’s time for installation day. Here’s a condensed rundown of what usually happens on installation day.
1. The technician will go over with you once again the type of furnace that you’re getting.
2. Floor mats will be placed throughout your home to protect floors.
3. The next step is the safe removal of the old furnace. The technicians will clean the floor area where the previous furnace was located.
4. A series of safety checks will be performed such as turning off both the electricity and gas.
5. The installation process begins! The new furnace is placed in position. The technician will seal the new furnace equipment, caulk areas to make them airtight, and reconnect electrical and gas lines.
6. Your new furnace will undergo an extensive series of safety checks by our technicians to make sure everything is working properly.
7. Your technician will go over all the features of your new furnace to make sure you know how to use it correctly.
Don’t let the uncertainty of what happens on installation day keep you from upgrading your old furnace to a new, efficient one.
Contact Ambient Air Solutions today for professional furnace replacement in Belgrade, MT. Simplifying Heating & Cooling!